NATrol GI Panel Controls
NATtrol GI (NATGIC-BIO) * Controls are formulated with purified, intact viral particles and bacterial cells that have been chemically modified to make them non-infectious and stable in the refrigerator. NATGIC-BIO contains 6 vials of 0.2 mL of GI Control 1 and 6 x 0.2 GI Control 2 ml vials. NATtrolTM GI Controls are supplied in a Stool diluent that mimics the composition of a true clinical specimen.
- The NATtrol GI panel is designed to evaluate the conducting nucleic acid tests to determine the presence of viral and bacterial nucleic acids. NATGICBIO can also be used for verification of clinical trials, development of diagnostic tests, and laboratory training personal.
- NATGIC-BIO contains intact organisms and must be run in a manner identical to that used for clinical samples.
Etiological / Biohazard Status Tests:
- NATtrol inactivation was carried out on the virus and bacterial strains used to formulate each control. The inactivation was verified by the absence of viral growth invalidated tissue culture-based infectivity assay and bacterial growth in a validated growth protocol.
- Stool thinner used in the manufacture of this product. contains stabilizers and antimicrobial agents. Hot inactivated bovine source materials used in the manufacture of this product complies with the applicable USDA requirements for slaughter animals, traceability, and country of origin. The materials were collected at USDA establishments authorized or legally imported from countries recognized by the USDA as insignificant or controlled by the risk of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) and other exotic pathogens. Donor animals were inspected ante and post mortem at the slaughterhouse as required by USDA.
- Although NATGIC-BIO contains inactivated organisms, they should be handled as if they were potentially infectious.
- Use universal precautions when handling this product.
- To avoid cross-contamination, use separate pipette tips for all reagents.